Improving Margins and Share in Residential Roofing Market
A large roofing contractor in Sarasota and Manatee Counties, Florida, sought to increase margins and market share, and needed help to identify and prioritize which strategic priorities to pursue.
Revenues increased by 25%, and margins increased by 23% within 12 months.
How We Did It:
Identified key performance drivers, and five key strategic initiatives through interviews, quantitative analysis, strategic planning retreat, and implemented the plan company-wide.
Established a Performance-Driven Strategic Plan
- Identified and prioritized five key strategies initiatives focused on improving profits and revenues.
- Assessed business performance metrics and identified highest impact actions.
- Developed job performance metrics and assigned accountability to team members for business performance.
- Implemented performance management and incentive plan processes.
- Revised organizational structure.
- Identified corporate values to build a healthy culture in alignment with corporate officers’ values.
- Developed goals and key performance benchmarks to guide actions and measure business performance.
- Identified key actions to improve performance through interviews, quantitative analysis, and hands-on strategy development activities.
- Developed and documented critical business processes.
- Implemented project management processes.
- Implemented a new pricing approach and policy.
- Developed performance dashboard metrics and responsibility.
- Hired sales staff, and developed compensation plan.
- Conducted profit analysis and shifted business model.
- Invested in capital equipment, and hired additional crew members to increase capacity.